Today, mobile phones have greatly reduce the need for a traditional home telephone line. B2B2C’s virtual number frees this residential line and gives it functionalities adapted to our hyperactive world.
What is B2B2C’s virtual number?
Our virtual number, like the traditional phone line, is associated with an actual phone number. This number can be one you already have, for example the one for your current home telephone line, or a new one we provide.
On the other hand, unlike the traditional line, the virtual number doesn’t allow outgoing calls. Why? Because it’s never directly connected to a phone line at your home. It’s rather patched to our voicemail servers. Therefore, it can only receive calls.
These incoming calls are forwarded to your voice mail or they are forwarded to a phone number of your choice*. For example, many will forward calls to their cell phone.
When the call is transferred, the display shows the caller’s number,.You will not be able to tell if the call is from your virtual number. If you don’t answer the call, it will be forwarded to your voice mail**.
The caller’s voicemail message can be accessed by telephone or via our customer portal on espace.b2b2c.ca. That being said, most will simply use the “send by email” feature to receive a copy of their messages by email.
What are the benefits of the virtual number?:
- Much cheaper than a traditional telephone line.
- Keep an old number active.
- Protects against the disadvantages of sharing your mobile phone number with everyone.
- Makes it easy to distribute voice messages, for example to your children. It can even be done automatically.
- Keep a copy of important messages in your e-mail folders.
What are the limitations of the virtual number? :
- No outgoing calls.
- Call ID doesn’t show the number of the person calling, but rather your virtual number.
The virtual number is for you if :
- You want to keep your home phone number, but no longer want to place calls from it.
- You find it useful to have more than one phone number without having multiple phone lines.
- You want to easily share messages received on a phone number with your partner, children, friends or collaborators.
- You want to receive an immediate notification of calls placed at your telephone number, without wanting to take the call.
- You want to be able to answer your calls from another phone, such as your mobile phone.
- You would like to transfer your calls to your cottage or a friend while you’re away.
- You want to share the responsibility of receiving calls on a specific number with a parent, friend or other members of an organization. For example with other coaches on your baseball team.
- You are operating a part-time business and you don’t want to share your mobile phone number with your customers or on your ads.
* Long distance charges may apply if the number to which the calls are forwarded is in a different calling area than your phone number.
** This may not be compatible with the voicemail service associated with the number to which the call is forwarded to.